Magneti Marelli Parts & Services, a Business Unit of Marelli focused on the distribution of spare parts and repair solutions, is making huge investments in technologies and technical equipment, underlining its commitment to guiding the future evolution of workshops and body shops with a renewed focus on hybrid and electric propulsion systems.
The increasing digitalization of activities and workflow in the Workshop 4.0 demands a new generation of equipment, where software - increasingly sophisticated, but also fast and user friendly - plays a crucial role.
Building on decades of experience of automotive research and development, Magneti Marelli Parts & Services presents its new Dıv.o Tester. This product changes the paradigm of vehicle diagnostics, projecting itself straight to the top of the new 4.0 generation: from the analysis of a single control unit it can deliver a full vehicle analysis, thanks to its multi-channel hardware and innovative user interface.
Among its many functions, the Dıv.o Tester offers a simplified vehicle selection - allowing you manage the visualisation of parameters, states, activations, coding and telemetry from more than one control unit simultaneously – as well as integrated management of the security pass function for unlocking diagnoses on vehicles with SGW (Security Gate Way).
Completing the package is a Rugged Tablet with IP67-level protection, optimised for speed and memory with a protected display.
The Dıv.o Tester can be integrated with STAR, the new workshop management portal with technical data banks that can accompany the repairer through each phase of activity. Additionally, the combination of Dıv.o and STAR uses a patented algorithm to relate the initial fault to the search for affected parts.
STAR’s modular structure enables the program to be personalised to your own requirements; the online data banks guarantee continuous, rapid content updates, and responsive technology will automatically adapt to the graphic interface used by your preferred device (PC, tablet, smartphone).
The STAR portal introduces important functions for Workshop 4.0, including:
- SMART Functions: The OCR (Optical Character Recognition) System, as well as voice recognition, speed up the entry of data into the system.
- IoT Functions: interactivity and connectivity enable the program to communicate with other devices in order to automate work processes.
- Web App: An up to date marketing system for repairers which increases brand loyalty by suggesting promotional campaigns; tracking deadlines, appointments and collection of vehicles; and sending estimates for the front desk.
- Performance monitoring: specific statistics can be executed to measure and control many aspects of workshop activity.
- Integration with distributors’ management software: it is possible to see, in real-time, the availability and reserve prices of each part, then complete the order.
Dıv.o and STAR: the future of diagnostics for today’s workshops.